NESIVINE (NASIVIN) WO. PRES. 0,050% SPRAY 1FL 10ML
Nesivine® without preservative 0.05% spray frees blocked noses and provides quick relief. It is packaged as a spray with a special dosing pump and releases a spray mist that lets you breathe more freely for up to 12 hours.
NESIVINE 0.05% preservative free is a preservative-free nasal spray designed for adults and school-aged children. Here is a description based on the information from the source:
Indications and Use: NESIVINE 0.05% is used to relieve nasal congestion caused by colds, sinusitis, or allergies. It is important to note that this medication should be used cautiously and according to the instructions of a doctor or pharmacist.
- Oxymetazoline: Belonging to the family of alpha-sympathomimetics, oxymetazoline acts directly on the nasal mucosa to reduce inflammation and open the nasal passages, thus allowing for better breathing.
Directions for Use
- Recommended use: For adults, teenagers, and children over 6 years of age, it is advised to apply 2 to 3 sprays in each nostril per day.
- Hypersensitivity to the active ingredients.
- Rhinitis sicca (dryness of the nasal mucosa with crust formation).
- It is advised to consult a doctor before use in case of cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, enlarged prostate, metabolic disorders such as hyperthyroidism, diabetes, porphyria, pheochromocytoma, or glaucoma, especially narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Not to be used in children under 6 years of age.
- Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding: Consult a doctor to assess risks and benefits.
Side Effects and Warnings:
- The use of NESIVINE 0.05% can paradoxically lead to a feeling of a blocked nose. Prolonged or excessive use can damage the nasal mucosa, with a risk of this side effect appearing after 5 to 7 days of use.
- It is important to discuss with a healthcare professional all the medications you are taking before starting treatment with NESIVINE 0.05% to avoid potential drug interactions.
It is essential to follow the doctor’s or pharmacist’s instructions regarding the duration and frequency of use to minimize the risks of side effects and misuse.